I recently got my first ever MacBook on March, 29th 2022. In this post I would like to share with you how i setup a brand new macbook for proffessional development and how to get try my best to get the most out of it. I’ll keep this post updated throught my career.
- Kitty as default terminal interface my config can be found here
- Fish is my default shell in fact here is how my config looks
- Brew as package manager
- GitHub cli
- Kap for screen recording
- Chrome my default browser
- Slack and Discord for communication
- Warp as secondary terminal
- Docker for containerization
- Maccy as clipboard manager
I primarily use neovim for development, but also use vscode heavily. It depends on the project.
I used neovim with lua config. I really like it because it help me get work done faster.
Here is my neovim config
I’m running M1 MacBookpro 2021. Some settings might be different from what you see in the settings app.
- I’ve made dock autohide on from systems preferences > Dock > autohide.
- Truned on firewall from system preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall.
- Turned on dark mode from system preferences > Appearance > Dark Mode.
- Increased trackpad speed from system preferences > Trackpad > Tracking speed.
That’s all I’ve got for now. Let me know what you use that I didn’t include on Twitter, and have a wonderful day!